Sunday, September 30, 2012

Reporting on the Art hustle

Ima use three words to describe my summer. Exhausted, Experienced, Enspired (inspired).
Haven't been so close to burning out since Art school. I heard a saying and I'm paraphrasing Zap Brannigan- The mind is willing but the body is frail and weak. That's how I feel right now. Pushing my self and saving nothing for the trip back. There's no going back. Either I get there or .......you know the rest.
So much knowledge got crammed into my mind. I got names, places, terms, objects, techniques, advice, processes, etcetera etcetera whatever, only problem is, I forget names, the practice and the images stay but the names are lost to me. I still have a ways to go that include the animating process and the kick starter campaign.

I'm a junkie, I realize that now and I did then. I'm addicted to Inspiration. And I'm not being metaphorical. Inspiration is a bitch to acquire. Before, I felt lost and confused walking in darkness looking for my supplier trying to get my fix. Trying to find inspiration from anywhere willing to offer it to me. Now I grow my own shit, cultivate it and smoke it. Now I'm being metaphorical.

It's not over yet. But the feeling is better, the feeling feels closer to the marker, more like a milestone. After eight months, im still in ayunas and still craving more. The goal is the same and I haven't waivered yet. Although I did say fuck it and slept all day today. Regardless, my minds on art and my projects. I took a few pics of what we've been working on (the company I'm working for):

No comments:

Post a Comment